AboutIBS.org states that globally, about 9-23% of the population suffers from IBS. In the United States, that number is approximately 10-15%. Of that percent, about 30% percent of sufferers will seek a medical doctor, the other 70% will suffer in silence. Rough estimates suggest that $21 BILLION or more annually is lost either from direct medical expenses or indirect costs as a result of IBS.
Currently, mayoclinic.org lists the only treatments/medications for IBS to be Fiber supplements, anti-diarrheal medicantion, anticholinergic and antispasmodic medications, andtidepressants, and antibiotics. Of the medications listed, common side effects include nausea, constipation, bloody diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, heartburn, indigestion, and vomiting. Wow, the side effects sound just as bad, if not worse than the original problem.
What if I were to tell you that medication with terrible side effects wasn’t your only option? What if I were to tell you that in 2007, the World Journal of Gaseroenterology found a direct connection between digestive disorders and cervical spine irritation (Subluxations)? Would you be interested in hearing more?
Good! So here’s what you haven’t been told yet. Irritation of the cervical spine, by means of a subluxation, send signals to the brain cortex creating a sympathetic irritability response. This irritability causes a variety of problems in the body including hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, dizziness, eyesight malfunction, and YES gastrointestinal dysfunction. The true science of the GI response was examined by looking at c-FOS, which is a proto-oncogene which is found in the spinal cord as well as the gastric myenteric plexus, suggesting that GI function may be affected by cervical dysfunction.
What this means for you is that if you are walking around with a cervical subluxation, but you aren’t experiencing any neck pain, that your body may be trying to warn you about it through other means, such as GI distress. Your best option for resolution of these problems is to go see your chiropractor, get examined, and if you have a subluxation, it needs to get corrected.
To learn more about IBS and Nutrition, join our Gold Membership Site for $10 a month
World Journal of Gastroenterology
2007 May 14; 13(18): 2575–2580.
“A preliminary study of neck-stomach syndrome”
Xing-Hua Song, Xiao-Xiong Xu, Li-Wen Ding, Li Cao, Alken Sadel, and Hao WenSocial tagging: Arm Pain > Arm Pain Doctor > Baseball Chiropractor > Baseball Doctor > Baseball Injuries > Baseball Training Aids > Elite Baseball Training > Knee Doctor > Knee Injury > Knee pain > Shoulder Doctor > Shoulder Injury > Shoulder Pain > Sports Chiropractor > Sports Injuries > St. Louis Baseball Chiropractor > St. Louis Sports Chiropractor > Youth Baseball > Youth Baseball Training